Did you guys watch the Democratic National Convention last night? Can everyone agree that Michelle Obama is the best first lady of all time? Well, she’s in my top five, anyway! Her speech was phenomenal, and I love Bernie but I kinda wished they would’ve wrapped with her. He is true class, though, and I really hope his supporters are on board now with Hillary. I truly believe, as he said, there is entirely too much at stake to play around this election with a third party candidate. I’ve been so tired the last few weeks because I stayed up to watch the Republican National Convention (bitter and scary Snoozeville that it was), and now the DNC. I also have been watching Colbert’s coverage of both which is superb, as usual. Looking forward to seeing Bill speak tonight.
In discussions that are much safer to have these days, lest you find out your dear friend is a Trump supporter, let’s talk baked goods. I have a local friend that started a baking business. I’ve followed her online for some time, drooling watching her post photos over at Roll With It Baking. After fighting the incessant sweet tooth urge, I decided to live a little and bought some of her Lemon Blueberry cupcakes. So I like citrus, but I’m not usually crazy about it. I couldn’t resist, though. These cupcakes looked so dainty and gorgeous with their soft pastel yellow. Yes, the appearance got me. This is not the first time this has happened, and it won’t be the last. I love French pastries as much for their incredible taste as for how pretty they look on my plate before I eat them in one bite in an unladylike fashion. I was so happy that I made the decision to finally sample her treats. They were truly amazing. They tasted like summer. The lemon was perfect and wasn’t too overwhelming. As testament to how much I loved them, I ate them all before the hubs could try any. Sorry for doing that the umpteenth time, babe. Luckily, he prefers salty stuff and isn’t as wild about sugar as I am. There’s only room for one sugar monster per household, I promise.
Links of the Week:
- 19 Times Tumblr Perfectly Explained Not Wanting to Have Kids -Many of these made me giggle so much. Don’t have them. Don’t want them.
- These Designers Are Making Hospital Gowns Fashionable to Empower Sick Kids-I love this idea. Give these children a little of their humanity back through something so simple.
- The Baby-Sitters Club Gals Are All Grown Up In ‘The Jaded Quitters Club’-This may be my favorite link of the week. See Siobhán Gallagher’s art below which is fantastic and funny, and I loved the Baby-Sitters Club. It’s perfect. Love it all! You can see more of her work on her Instagram and website.
- Live Cats Coming to Worcester Art Museum As Part of Meow Exhibition -The only thing better than an art museum would have to be cats in an art museum.
- The Lisa Frank Party Every ’90s Girl Needs to Throw– So I’m an ’80s baby (born in 81), but we had Lisa Frank, too. Anyway, bottom line whoever is hosting my 35th birthday party this year in September, please consider a great theme. I am all about themes. (USE ARROW KEYS ON KEYBOARD TO SCROLL THROUGH. Not to be obnoxious, but it took me forever to figure it out thus cementing my old ass ’80s baby status). Also, if no one wants to host a birthday party for me this year, please hint and convince my husband to host one for the girlfriends and I.