Today’s is my Mom’s birthday, and I’m so glad she’s celebrating it the same week she retires! Her birthday is one of her favorite things, and I’m sure this entire week will be a memorable one for her. We got her tickets to see Dolly Parton and a massage. I can’t wait to spend an upcoming evening with her singing our hearts out to “Why’d You Come in Here Lookin’ Like That”! Dolly’s the best and so is my Mom.
Links of the Week:
- Unbelievably Cute and Magical Art Reveals The Force of Femininity -Love her work! I’ve been looking for some stickers for my new Macbook, and I may have found them.
- Star Trek MAC Trek-Inspired Makeup Collection Out in September-I haven’t been wearing makeup much lately because frankly, I don’t feel like it, but I’m excited about this news! I will definitely be picking up some of the Star Trek line. The only thing that could be better is to pair it with a Vulcan haircut, and don’t worry, friends. As I grow my hair out, a Vulcan haircut is definitely in the works. I’ve always enjoyed super short bangs, strong edges, and abstract.
- I Was Born on the Dance Floor: A Playlist for Pulse-In honor of their lives, their memories, don’t ever stop dancing. This has been my recent go to, and it’s so perfect. Music is magic. Love is powerful. We won’t forget.
- Visiting My Dead Dad on Google Street View
- Sweet Tea: A Love Story -One of my favorite things about the south, the nectar of the gods.
- Alicia Keys No Makeup at the BET Awards-I used to wear makeup every single day. Many days, I envied the men in my life. I wondered what it was like to just take a shower and pretty much be able to walk out the door, to not have to lose an hour in front of a mirror so society wouldn’t judge you. One day, I decided to only wear makeup when I felt like it. I go barefaced quite a bit now, and while in the beginning it lead to, “Are you tired?” questions that I struggled not to respond to hatefully, it makes me happy. Women, I encourage you to accept and love yourselves both with (if you want) and without your makeup. If you don’t feel like putting it on, don’t. As one of my favorite quotes by Erin McKean goes, “You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, you don’t owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female’.” As cornball as it sounds, that quote was really liberating for me. Whenever I doubt myself, I reread it. I think Alicia Keys looked beautiful, and I wish more women would follow her lead if so inclined.
- Luke’s Diner May Have Wifi in the ‘Gilmore Girls’ Revival Which Basically Means Hell Froze Over -I refuse to accept this.
- Bugs That Burrow Arkansas
- Bugs in Hole Hid Back When I Walked By
- Bug in Hole Back When I Walked By Arkansas
- Do Grubs Burrow?
- Is Root Beer more carbonated than other sodas?
- What is the average summer temperature in Russia?